CITY OF MANHATTAN BEACH Dumpster Rentals
For general information:
Get Free Online Quotes From A Local Dumpster Rental.
Building and Safety
1400 Highland Avenue
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Phone: (310) 802-5505
Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Phone: (310) 802-5353
Refuse and Recycling Questions
Phone: (310) 802-5363
No person shall deposit or maintain in or upon any public street, court, alley, sidewalk or parkway, any protective fence, protective canopy, building material of any kind, debris from any building or building excavation, or any kind of material or equipment used or intended for use in connection with any building or other work upon adjacent private or public property without first making and filing a written application with the Department of Public Works and receiving a permit there from to do so.
Exceptions: The following persons and agencies shall be exempted from the permit procedure: City employees engaged in official City business and contractors in connection with work performed under contract to the City.
Application for said permit shall contain:
- The address for which a permit is desired.
- The name, address and telephone number of the applicant.
- A non-business hour telephone number of the party responsible for use of public property.
- A detailed diagram accompanied by a written statement declaring the location and dimension of each excavation, demolition, or construction intended to be made, and the proposed purpose thereof, and the exact location where it is desired to place obstructions in a public street, court, alley, sidewalk or parkway, the kind and nature of obstruction or material to be thus placed, the amount of room required therefore, and the time during which the obstruction or material will be there.
- A statement revealing any use of heavy or oversized construction equipment, including the purpose of their use and the parking location thereof.
Accompanying the permit application to the Department of Public Works shall be:
- A fee in the amount of $45.00 for the handling and filing of such permit.
- deposit of $496.00 to be used if the Director of Public Works or his agent find it necessary to install any type of structure or device to prevent or correct any adverse condition resulting from the building or completion of any construction, excavation or demolition, or to pay for any violations cited against said permitted by qualified city officers.
- An inspection fee of $85.00 for routine inspections by the Department of Public Works.
If the cost against the sum of this deposit depletes said deposit or exceeds it, then the permittee shall provide any additional funds required by the City.
Any part of the deposit made by the permittee which is not used shall be returned to the depositor upon written request within ninety (90) days after the completion of work under the permit.
Building Permit Worksheet:
Right of Way Permit:
Waste Management is the certified trash hauler for Manhattan Beach. If you have questions about residential trash pickup you may contact their local office below.
Waste Management Inc.
Phone: (310) 605-6000
Electronics, such as TV's, computers, and cell phones are banned from the trash.
FREE PERMANENT DROP-OFF FACILITY:
S.A.F.E. COLLECTION CENTER
1400 NORTH GAFFEY ST
SAN PEDRO, CA 90021
OPEN SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M. EXCEPT HOLIDAYS AND RAINY DAYS. NOTE THAT, STARTING JULY 1, 2010, SAFE CENTERS WILL NO LONGER BE OPEN ON FRIDAYS. THERE IS A LIMIT OF SIX (6) ELECTRONIC ITEMS PER VISIT.
Construction Debris Recycling:
Currently, under the City's Construction and Demolition Ordinance, builders must provide verification of recycling debris to achieve or exceed our goal to reuse or recycle at least 50% of project waste. Construction activities in this City are active and on-going, with many homes under renovation and over 130 new homes constructed annually. For this reason, efforts to reduce construction waste, encourage use of recycled and eco-friendly building materials, and encourage green building practices can have a profound effect on our community's environmental well-being. Additional information on construction debris recycling can be found in the Solid Waste and Recyclables section of this report.Website: ci.manhattan-beach.ca.us