For general information:

City of Rolling Hills, CA 90274
Ph. (310) 377-1521
Fax (310) 377-7288
7:30 am - 5:00 pm Mon-Fri


Permit Requirements

  1. A construction and demolition waste hauling permit is required in order to remove construction and demolition waste from any construction, remodeling or demolition project ("a Covered Project").
  2. Permitted haulers are required to divert away from a landfill at least fifty percent (50%), measured by weight, of all construction or demolition waste generated by a Covered Project. Failure by a permitted hauler to comply with the City's diversion and/or reporting requirements will result the hauler being placed on probation. Failure to meet the requirements of a probation order may result in revocation of the construction/demolition hauler permit. A hauler whose permit has been revoked shall not be eligible to reapply for a new permit for a period of three-years from the date of revocation.
  3. Quarterly from issuance of a permit, the permitted hauler must submit to the City of Rolling Hills a "Recycling and Waste Reduction Quarterly Compliance Report" including verification of the disposal amount and location(s).
  4. Within thirty (30) calendar days following the completion of any covered project, the hauler shall submit to the City of Rolling Hills a "Recycling and Waste Reduction Final Compliance Report" including verification of the disposal amount and location(s) demonstrating that at least 50% of the construction and demolition waste generated from the project was not disposed in a landfill.
  5. The City, at any time, with 5 days advance notice may inspect the hauler's records and documents for compliance with the City's Municipal Code requirements.
  6. Permitted working hours within Rolling Hills are Monday through Saturday, 7:00am to 6:00pm, except holidays.
  7. Large projects that necessitate a street closure for the collection of construction and demolition waste may require traffic control. If a street is to be closed, for safety reasons, it is necessary for the hauler to call City Hall and make appropriate arrangements.
  8. The release or spill of any construction or demolition waste on public property is prohibited and shall promptly be cleaned up, contained, collected and removed to the satisfaction of the City Manager.

For a Conditional Use Permit Application form, click:

For an Environmental Questionnaire, click:

For a Site Plan Review Application form, click:

For a copy of the C&D Compliance Report, click:

Weekly Trash Pick-up:

Allied Waste:

Allied Waste Service is the exclusive residential and commercial hauler for the City of Rolling Hills. Allied Waste is a subsidiary of Republic Services, Inc

Gabriel Munoz (888) 742-5434.

Trash, recyclables and green waste are picked-up twice a week. To find out the days of collection for a particular street, please contact City Hall.

For recyclables, residents provide their own receptacles. The City provides decals for recyclable and green waste containers.

Hazardous Material:

You may dispose of household hazardous waste, electronic waste and medical sharps at the SAFE E-Waste collection center located at 1400 N. Gaffey Street, San Pedro.

Business hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. More information can be obtained at and

Special containers are available for the disposal of sharps. They can be obtained from a variety of locations throughout the County listed at:

Sharps can also be disposed at sites throughout the county listed at This includes the Lomita Sheriff Station at 26123 Narbonne Ave., Lomita, CA 90717 (Business Phone: 310-539-1661)

Click here for Hazardous Waste Collection Information.

Recycling Ordinance:

As of July 13, 2009, the City of Rolling Hills will require 50% of all construction and demolition waste from building activity to be recycled.

All haulers of construction and demolition waste to obtain a permit for operating within the City. This is necessary for the City to achieve its State mandated recycling and diversion requirements.

A permit can be obtained at Rolling Hills City Hall, 2 Portuguese Bend Road, Rolling Hills during the hours of 7:30am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday excluding holidays. Project specific permits are $25 each. An annual permit for unlimited projects is $250. Permits must be renewed annually.